Thursday, March 29, 2007

This is What We Call an Update

Urgh, I'm tired. I woke up way too early then couldn't fall back asleep. I don't now how many hours of sleep I missed.

Pray for Logan & Clovis. They got hit pretty badly by quite a few tornadoes, alot of damage from what I've heard.

Got the Long Road by Nickelback yesterday. Good cd but if you don't like rock, don't do it. But still a really good CD none the less.

This week's pain in the neck: Our dish satellite is supposed to record whatever stuff I set to record. It's standard stuff. It was really cool, we didn't have to worry about missing shows cause it would record. But now its not working. The little marker for "set to record" is there, it's just not recording. AND IT'S GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!!! I don't know what is wrong with it.

Ever been in a situation where you're up against somebody who knows exactly where to hit you to make it hurt the worst. Every body expects you to come out on top. The best part? You have no idea how you're gonna pull this off.

I have a track record for pulling things out of my hat. Fixing stuff that other people can't or figuring out stuff other people can't. Naturally every body expects me to be able to find out why it's not working and fix it. So they can all watch their tv shows. Everybody except Reagan has something they want/need to record.

So when I can't figure something out, they all come and hover over my shoulder. Suggesting things I've already tried, asking why it isn't working, wanting to know what I'm doing, and demanding to know if the show is gonna record. My favorite one is saying I'm probably not doing something right and then they try to fix it. It usually ends with me getting back the screwdriver or remote or whatever I'm using to try and fix the unruly thing. And then I end up fixing it.

This has me stumped. I mean honestly stumped, we may have to call the installer. I have to go do the dishes and then geometery, and then I will gather my forces and figure out the best way to go about solving my problem.

No comments: