Monday, October 22, 2007

Glowing Nails, Crouching Weasel

Gosh, why does the week start off busy?

Today, I had to get out of my nice warm bed to change into a pair of freezing jeans, midly chilly shirt, and yesterday's socks (they were the first pair I saw). But Mom is merciful and turned on the heater in the bathroom so it could have been worse.

After the usual hustle out the door, we had to go to the hospital. Nothing to worry about, I just had to pick up some money from a class mate who is a nurse. I've decided I don't like hospitals. I've known that for a while, but now I'm simply coming to terms with it.

Once that was over, we took off for Clovis. I had a dentist appoinment. I also decided I don't much like denist offices either. My orthodontist, cool. My dentist, not so much. Dentists are too quite, and they seem to like finding out exactly how many different tools and fingers they can fit in your mouth at once. I don't like that game. The nurse that was cleaning my teeth had to tell me to stop biting down. Subconcious impulse, I do it to my orthodontist too.

Then we went to Burger King. I got myself a nice paper crown to make up for having to go to the hospital and dentist before lunch. Burger King was interesting, I think two people got fired while we were there. I never got the whole story though.

Walmart was next, and I found some glow-in-the-dark nail polish. I am really happy with it. Shows up really bright. Dad made a good point that if I'm going to be any good at the ninja business, why do I paint my fingers so people can see them? Mom stepped in saying that I'd wear ninja gloves. I also got a plastic ax-staff that I'm going to use for my costume. I don't know exactly what I'm going to be yet, but so far I have a tattered black tunic, my ax-staff, and maybe a pair of boots. I'll probably end up as some kind of warrior. Just don't what kind yet. I'm gonna try for Barbarian.

Kickboxing was really fun. I love the grappling (floor wrestling). I have this friend Dustin. He was wrestling my other friend Sid. Dustin was doing something wrong. So I stepped in for Sid to show Dustin how to do it right. Long story short, we ended up wrestling. Dustin managed to throw me off with a bridge. (You're sitting on somebody, really laying into them. They grab one of your fists on the way down and then throw their hips up. If done correctly, the person on top goes flying over bottom person's shoulder.) I was a good distance away, and finally got to try what I had been wanting to do for as long as I had been grappling.

I tackled him.

From what my mom says, I pounced like one of our cats. Jordan said she knew what I was going to do when she saw the look on my face and how I had my legs. All I remember was froghopping right into Dustin, the noise he made when first I and then the floor knocked the air out of him, and my mom and his mom laughing. He had been standing on his knees, and I think I hit him right around the waist. Dustin fell right over and then I got into the full-mount (sitting with one leg on either side of his waist. Little bit above the hips). In class, you pretend hit. Just act like your beating your partner up. So I was sitting on him, swinging my fists like I was beating him up. I figured out he wasn't gonna get me off again, and so I stopped "hitting" him. Put one finger on his forehead and declared his fate. Dead. Then got up and walked away.

Jordan says that most of the class had circled around us. Which makes sense. Sid and my partner/friend Tomoko were waiting on me and Dustin to finish. Another pair consited of another of my friends Hideo, (Tomoko's younger brother) and a guy whose in the class to lose weight (Can't remember name). The two of htem had been kinda taking it easy for most of the class. Hideo is really good (Big, tall, strong. Think Cyborg from the Teen Titans cartoon) and I think he didn't want to hurt the guy on accident.

Any ways, Jordan said that after I walked away from Dustin, she and Tomoko started clapping. She also said that the whole time Hideo was watching and just had this huge smile on his face. (Going back to that Cyborg thing, I'd be Beast Boy. The sort of scrawny kid who's always right there with the jokes that's tougher than he looks. We're really good friends, known each other a long time. Into the same stuff for the most part. We give each other tips and info on a ton of things. Kickboxing, Guitar Hero, stuff like that.) Mom said that Dustin's face when I got him was too funny and that in addition to cat pouncing, I had managed to stay close to the floor. Of course I don't remember any of this. I know I like grappling. I know I'm decent at grappling. I was really paying attetion to anything, I was more worried about Dustin's mother or Master Baca getting after me for tackling like that. Mom said Mrs. Hight was just laughing and laughing.

Which makes me feel like I've done a good day's work.

No comments: