Friday, May 18, 2007

Holy Phlarghnne!

I am sooooo sorry everybody. I was very bad about school work and was grounded from Internet, which meant no blogging. But now I'm back and I guess I have to start burning some keyboard. Its almost summer, meaning that I'm going to have to start hauling some rear to keep up with everything.

I've been contacted about babysitting a pair of kids once or twice every week. Which is really no big deal, they are really a sweet pair and don't give me any trouble. Boy and girl, boy is oldest and the little girl has a smile that could melt an ice statue made of permafrost. They're both under the age of seven, I think. They have these two friends (a pair of brothers) that I kind of end up taking care of. So all I really do is make sure they don't get lifted from the playground and they all play nicely. Like I said, all really sweet kids, its honestly alot of fun babysitting them.

Then the 4-h situation is that the County Contest is coming up fast and District quick on its heels with State Conference in a close third. I'm competing in County, helping at District, and competing at State (hopefully!). But I'm really looking forward to a new contest, for me anyways, Improptu Public Speaking. I'll write more on that later, but as far as I can tell, you pull a topic out of hat, have a couple of minutes to figure out what your going to say and BAM! you give a speech on the topic you just picked. You also gotta stretch it out to last over 3 minutes. But as my mom says, most of my presentations are Improptu. So I'm not totally worried.

As for the Dino museum, the German magazine is heading to print. You know, I have just decided to put it out of thought and out of mind. I'll deal with whatever idiotic nonsense I said when I have to. The museum is also having a Adventure Dig, like a week long dino camp, except the kids don't leave for a big beautiful cabin in the mountains. I really want to work that, but it kinda sorta clashes with District Contest.

There are times I wish I was the Flash. Hey, a kid can dream.

No comments: