Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stumped for a Title

In the last episode of "I'd Rather Be Pillaging", I was talking about something. I can't remember. It was heart pounding, mind boggling, and thought provoking. And yet, it left one incredible question unanswered....

Why does Carmen want to be the Flash????

Sadly, I'm not going to answer that question right now. It is now 11:45 PM and any one with sense in my time zone is either sleeping or getting ready to. As you can see, I have no sense.

Umm. I can't remember what drove me to get up and blog. Oh, I didn't want to watch the Perfect Man. We have a mutual friend of mine and Reagan's over for a few nights, so I might be getting in a few posts to escape cheesy romance movies or other such movies I've seen a hundred times. It doesn't matter what genre a movie may be in, after seeing it over twenty times, it becomes lame. Now if only Reagan would realize that.

Tommorow I have Geometry, Writing, and workshops to get ready for County Contest. I seriously need to start working on my poem, Tolkien's version of Hey Diddle Diddle. Then the day after that, I go to work at the museum. Warning: Donny is not the best company when he is trying to figure out which resin bones are toes and which are fingers. Hopefully, Steve will be there to bless us all with golf terms and corny jokes. Saturday, I have nothing planned other than school work. Sunday, I go to church and maybe do more school work. Or I could just watch One Piece and Naruto.

I may be getting a special job at District Contest. There is a boy who has a problem that keeps him from being able to read well and understand what he's reading, at least thats what I gathered from my briefing. I may end up being a kind of baysitter/cattledriver/private reader for this kid. Which won't be to hard, though I have to admit, I was kinda looking forward to bugging my Novice and Junior buddies between their contests. Bugging is my form of support.

I'm also hunting for two teammates for the Senior Home Ec. Bowl team. In the past, (I'll be honest) I was really looking for people to fill chairs. I knew all the questions and the guys who got the seats got to get a medal for just sitting still and answering a few questions each. Now, I have to find three other Seniors who will study the questions because each person on a team HAS to answer questions. Strangely, my team usually is made up of boys. Football players, track runners, crack shots, yep, a bunch of boys who could tell you a thing of two about Home Economics.

So far I have an old Archery buddy of mine, football player, and track runner, Matt. He's been one of the fillers for a while. But he knows the questions. When I told him about Improptu Speaking (IP), he asked if the topics would be about storing chocolate.

Another guy I really want to get for my team is Wanita or Chris, another football player and track dude. Before you think anything, Matt and I call Chris Wanita because he at one point had to wear an old apron with Wanita written across it in big letters. The name stuck, and now he is Wanita. He once got the winning question for a game. (We were like 40 points ahead but it was the last question of the game) But he's a Junior, so I'm hoping we can sneak him in to fill the team. Plus he is an absolute blast.

Another guy who could be really good at this is Patrick. Archery dude, I think he would really be a good assest to the team. But that depends on if he likes it, and with Patrick, you never know...

Gosh, this sounds like some draft report. Well, the posts write themselves sometimes. I have to go to bed now, I'm about ready to konk out over the keyboard. If I did that, I would have keyboard impressions all over my face. And frankly, no matter what the boys say, I like my face just as it is.

(Insulting and then complementing and repeating is a form of friendship between me and several people)

No comments: