When go to my school, I usually go over for lunch. I have a few people I like eating with. They can be funny at some points but not on this one. A girl we will call Terri.
I don't know Terri that well. She has glasses and is a little on the heavy side. She is also a couple of grades behind the other kids her age. My friends. They don't like having her sit with them. They don't like having her try to hang out with them. I can't believe them. My friends. When I was younger, there were few things I wanted more than to be accepted.
It made me so mad, I wanted to hit something. I wanted to grab my friends by the shirts and yell in their faces. Ask them if they would like to be called names behind their backs, be ignored, be left out. But I didn't.
They may be in middle school, and that may be the life of a middle schooler. I don't know, I don't watch alot of Disney Chanel and I've never been public schooled. But I do know its wrong, and I do know what I'm gonna do about it. Next time I go to lunch, if my friends want to eat with me, they're gonna have to eat with Terri too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, Carmen, let me tell you something.
That IS the way middle school is, and high school, a lot of the time.
I understand that when this happpened it was probably too shocking for you to do much about it. It will take a great deal of courage to carry through with your plan. You might also next time just search this girl out and go sit by her. She probably does not have many friends, and now thinks that you're part of the crowd that is mean to her.
Like I said, I was never exposed to that being homeschooled. I am gonna sit with her. I'm sick and tired of people looking down on others because they don't fit the definition of "cool". It's sick. But the really sick part is that no one really seems to care. At least not enough to try and do something to change it.
I may not have gone to middle school. But I've seen exclusion. To other people, to myself, and sadly I have done it myself. And every time there was no excuse for what was done. Some one needs to stand up. Lead by Example.
Post a Comment