Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Raiders of the Messy Dresser

Today, I cleaned out my dresser. The main point is to go through all my dresser drawers, put my clothes in the right drawers, and throw anything that doesn't fit me any more on Jordan's bed. I really should do it more often. After a little while, my dresser gets real messy and I end up wearing the same shirts over and over again. That last sentence sounds bad.

I noticed several things while dresser raiding today, that I have a good stock of black t-shirts and I can count the number of long sleeves in my possesion on two hands. And that having a very small version of one shirt and also a very large version of the same shirt leaves you feeling rather stupid when looking at them side by side, especially when you don't wear either of them. I gave the too small one up and kept too big for pajamas. And I found a rather good stash of ankle socks in my t-shirt drawer. (They go in the pajama drawer too.) I was really surprised when I found three pairs of socks in the PJ drawer.

I gave up about four stacks of clothes to my younger sister. Including my Yoda shirt, a monkey shirt, and four or five orange t-shirts. (Their absence is the reason for the black supremecy of the t-shirt drawer, though it looks like blue may be close on overthrowing them.) I can now also fit all my jeans into the pants drawer! Booyah! The only thing that scares me is the very low number of long sleeves. That and the two very pink shirts that I was horrified to find mingling among my blues & blacks. (The contamination was removed and the victims are all recovering well.)

No comments: