Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas List: Check!

Well, I think its about time I posted. Wanna wish all my readers out there a Merry Christmas. Hope everybody got everything on their lists. If not, wait & try again at New's Years. (Why not?) This post is for the most part a description of several of my gifts. And a few recommendations and an update to my blogging arsenal.

I have been very occupied with a few more technical gifts for a while. My parents went and got me a MP3 player. After I nearly going insane from reading the instruction bookelt which told me nothing about what the heck I was doing, my dad got me to calm down by telling me that if I broke the laptop I would have to cough up 800 to get a new one. There are very few ways I could get that kind of money. Number one being selling the contents of my backpack which I will never do!!! Unless I was going to die if I didn't, which would apply in this case, I would sell the contents of my backpack, including the backpack. I calmed down, re-read the instructions yet again, figured out what I was doing, and started loading up my favorites songs from my favorite cds. I'm getting to the point where I can do it with out going over every step in my head. Yeeha!!

I managed to get myself an icon. Too cool for cool beans!! The character is a pirate with a smart aleck sense of humor, an affinity for shiny things, a talent to talk her way out of most things, and hangs out with a bunch of guys. Sounds like a match to me. It took awhile before I managed to find a picture that I liked. So I will keep it til the sight of it makes me wanna hurl. I hope I don't hurl, because I most likely will have the laptop on my lap. Plus I like this picture.

I also found a new group that I love!! Three Doors Down! I got the Away From the Sun album for Christmas. I have to say my favorite songs on it are Going Down in Flames, Ticket to Heaven, & When I'm Gone. Good songs, good sound, this cd gets my Seal of Approval. But beware those who don't like rock!! Also have been enjoying the sounds of the newset Evanescence and the first Simple Plan cds. Also very good. Check it out. Later though, you have to finish reading my blog.

Now, if I may be allowed to speak as a pirate, this year was especially good for shiny stuff!! Got several really pretty silver earrings from my little friend Phillip. There are even two pairs of hoop earrings!! What is a pirate without the hoop earrings? But my mom topped him: gold earrings with created rubies. And the most awesome ring. It's a replica of one that Captain Jack Sparrow, my pirate idol, wears. The one with the green stone. I'm actually wearing it now and the earrings. To top it off, the ring & the gold earrings came in a little treasure chest of their own. Does that count as support of my dream of becoming a pirate? I'll wonder about that later.

I also was given a navy hoodie with a blue dragon stitched on to it. Also has some flames in blue worked in as well. Very nice, comfortable, and it looks awesome. Gonna have to wear it when I go see Eragon. Very good book, along with a new acquistion I got this Christmas, Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony. Awesome book, another thing for you to check out after you finish here.

As you can see, I am very pleased with all of my presents, the above listed and those not listed. Thanks to my mom & dad, who have perfected the art of picking out from among all my fleeting wants the things I will truely enjoy and use. And remembering things I forgot to put on my list. Hope that all who read this read in good health, surrounded by family & friends, and blessed with many things they probably don't need. Never forger the true reason for the season!! Merry Christmas!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to say something but there is nothing to say i luv your blog and might get one of my own. I am basically just typein for the heck of it and i am bored.... I also love ya dearly!!

Carmen said...

Thanks. Yeah! Then I get to post on your bloggie! That is the story of this blog, typing for the sake of typing & a way to escape boredom. Right back at cha!

Anonymous said...

OK BUT YOU HAVE TO HELP ME OUT WITH IT (IF I DO) AND GIVE ME IDEAS LOL

Carmen said...

No problem! What are friends for? ;)

Gordan said...

Here's a blog idea for you young ladies, from an old fogie.

If you had the power to do it, what are the top five things you would change about Christmas in America? Serious or not, what you have everybody do differently?

Carmen said...

That is a good idea, but who called you an old fogie? I'll post on it, some when. ;) But really, I will.