Sunday, July 09, 2006

Of High Heels and Jack Sparrow

Today was spent in Amarillo, watching movies and trying on dresses. The least painful will be related first.
My family and I went to see the second Pirates of the Carribean movie. It had all the sword fights, action, Jack Sparrow humor and even a scene when Orlando Bloom's charater got his shirt ripped off! (wolf whistle!)
This was movie was mostly setting up for the last one in the series. Fun, but you can miss it and still mostly understand what happens in the next one.
The painful part of my day was spent trying on dresses. I don't like dresses. I can't even remember the last time that I last wore a dress. But we ended up with a nice green dress. For some reason, I feel safe wearing green. Guess there's something comforting about that color for me. Long story short, we got a whole outfit, complete with high-heels. Any one that knows me will either fall over dead right now or will be laughing their heads off. For every one who doesn't know me that well, I don't even wear alot of sandals. So the prospect of wearing a pair of sandal high-heels, much less walking and dancing, for an entire evening is some what daunting for me, someone who has rescued an aunt from a humongus spider. (ask me later) In preparation, I'm breaking them in/ practicing wearing them. Even sitting in a computer chair, they hurt like heck.
I'm taking off for the week to go to a contest for the entire state of New Mexico. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go wash the dishes in heels and firgure out how and what I'm supposed to say for a pie-crust demonstration.

Lord, help me. Where's that Bo Bice CD?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets hope you don't break your ankle in those heels I wish you best of luck with them and I am real curious about the giant spider.

Rachelle said...

Well, I didn't quite fall over laughing (about the dress & heels. I was more worried...wondering who kidnapped Carmen at the Pirates movie and carried off her "bootie"! You are certainly an imposter! ps: I am curious as to how this imposter person looks all fancied up- please leave dance details. pss: I like the new font color...very nice!

Carmen said...

My mom liked the "bootie" comment. I'll get the dance details posted as soon as I get the spider story posted. And who knows when that will be! The green does look better.

Anonymous said...

Do pirates wear high heels? Would Sherlock Holmes look at the heel print in the sand and determine there was much unsteadiness in the walk of the wearing person?

You have a nice blog. Oh, I didn't quite catch why the high heels and green dress. Are you going to a big dance? Well, I hope it all goes well.

Carmen said...

You know, if you look at the Disney Peter Pan movies, Captain Hook wears heels. I'm not sure if Jack Sparrow wears them or not though. And knowing Sherlock, he would also tell the height of the person, what color the dress was, and also how long the person had been walking.

Thanks, I try. ;) I had to go to State 4-h Conference. There was a formal night and I had to wear a dress. With appropriate footwear. So thats the deal with the dress.

I'll put on a new post soon. Not tonight probably, I have a new game for my Gameboy and a cold, so most likely not tonight. Then watch the next post will be on 7/19 whatever time it is. I gotta go to bed.