I recently went to a bowling party at the local bowling alley. I went to the concession stand to buy some drinks for me and some memebers of my family. The guy gives me the drinks, I take them and walk away. Half way to my table, I relize how cheap the drinks were. Three small drinks each for 1.05. That would make my total bill 3.15. I paid a grand total of ..... 0.00. I stopped dead. I was astounded by two things.
1. I was able to do math during the summer
2. I had forgotten to pay the guy
Without thinking twice, I turn around and tell the guy that he didn't charge me. Both he and the guy working the french fry maker-thing were shocked that I came back to tell him. Frech Fry even said he would have kept his mouth shut and walked away. If I were Soda Guy, I'd keep an eye on the cash register. Does any one else thinks this is a bad sign?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think I have a couple of comments to make:
1. You are some pirate captain! Just when your crew is getting tuned up for robbery, murder and mayhem their leader does a totally proper and honest thing and gives part of the treasure away.
2. The was in fact a "totally proper and honest thing" and I think you, you creative teenager are to be commended. I bet you made your parents proud and I bet you made your grampa proud. And that is so important. Sometime old timers have a hard time believing any young people are well behaved and have any standard of right and wrong. I think a posting on the bulletin board on the old folks homes is in order...but then they would have to hunt for their eyeglasses and when they found them they would have forgotten why they are looking for their glasses.
Well, this was a multiple choice post. Choose the correct one. Oh, you have already chosen!!!! See ya. Rigor
Rigor,
My crew and I are, errr, weird. We follow our own code. Something like "rob the rich to feed the poor, but don't forget your ten percent." Or at least I thought it was ten, might have changed it to twenty. We all are able to steal purses from under the noses of the owners. We return everything. Except the odd piece of gum.
Well, Carmen, I for one am proud of you, but I must also say: I am not at all surprised. I would have been shocked to find out that you had walked off having stolen the drinks. THAT would not be the Carmen I know.
You are correct, as well, that it is a wierd thing when people find "honesty" to be a shocking thing.
You are a wonderful young lady. I won't tell anyone, though, just so as to keep your secret safe.
Love always,
Your dad,
Mr. Incredible
Thank you Mister Incredible, I try. It means alot coming from a hero such as you. I also apreaciate the silence. Though that may also be coming from your unwillingness to crush young boy's heads.
Your Jack-Jack
(as we so far have no idea to what my power is!)
Post a Comment