Sunday, March 09, 2008

BELT TESTING!!!!!! Part 2!

Ok, I tested, I think, Saturday for my next belt level. This last belt test was really cool because I got to double test. So instead of moving from Orange to Yellow, I went from Orange to Yellow to Green. All in one go! I was the youngest in my class to test for Green and the youngest in my class to double test.

I really had alot of fun. There were a few things I would have changed:

1. Board Breaking: I don't know what my problem is, but I have the hardest time trying to break with my hand. I snapped straight through that thing with a spinning back kick, but it took me six or seven tries to break with a forward backfist. Something that needs to change.

2. Forms: I'm honestly really happy with these. Except my third form, which I messed up on. It was this one spot that I had been having trouble with. I didn't turn as far as I was supposed to so I was backwards for the final, maybe, third. But he let us do it again, and I got it the second time around.

Other than those couple things, I think I did really well. I managed to land a front leg hook kick on my sparring partner (Her name is Heather. Works at a prison, tested for her yellow belt. Really nice lady.) during our match. I am so proud of that hook kick. Practiced that all morning before the test and it paid off.

Now, I just have to survive all the Green belt stuff. Green is the first Intermediate level in our studio. Once you are a Green belt, you are not allowed to make mistakes over things you learned as an Orange belt. I think we're going to do more grappling now, and sparring. And more advanced kicks and strikes and forms and self-defense and warmups and weapons and all sorts of other stuff. Well, hopefully.


TO ALL NON-MARTIAL ARTS PRACTICING PEOPLE!!
If I've completely confused you with the terminology, just tell me. I'm more than happy to explain anything that doesn't make any sense. I've been thinking of doing a post with the definitions.

No comments: