That's right. Say it nice and loud. Get yourself PUMPED!
It's the only other way I know, other than martial arts.
Awe man, I can't describe the kind of feeling you get! It makes you wanna yell, how good it feels. But you're so tired, all you want to do is sleep. Time flies by so fast, its like some one sped up the clock.
It's work, all of it. Working on kicks, take downs, submissions. Gosh, I don't know how I managed without it. The way your arms ache from push ups and punches. The sweat and the way everything turns sore, its incredible.
And its addictive. So addictive. Once you get started, you can't stop. Working your way out of a full-mount, snapping out a good round kick. There's nothing like it. And the high you get. Oh man, you feel like your on top of the world. I think it's what flying must feel like. The rush from riding your bike too fast, or how it feels moments before you fall. Seconds suspended in your memory, while you ride with the wind.
Working and learning alongside the people who become more than your friends, almost family. It's so much fun, learning alongside each other. But it makes it so hard to spar. You face off against the people you know so well. The hits aren't half as hard to take as to give. And then you start laughing, because you know the same thoughts are running through your partner's mind. Not to mention the same moves.
There isn't really any way to describe the feeling correctly. It always seems to fall short, like when someone talks about true love or absolute terror. The hights of passion humans live for.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And just like falling off your bike, In martial arts, nothing really hurts until after you stop.
Even though I find it addictive( Learning has almost never been this much fun) I get that feeling when working the nunchaku, Even when you hit yourself you don't wanna stop.
I know. If its the same kind of addiction that some people have with drugs or alchol, I can see why they would have such a problem quiting. Hopefully, we'll never have to quit.
It gets to where you start thinking differently. You start paying more attention. Watching what happens around you. Start anticipating things, planning your reactions.
Post a Comment