"Nothing is certain in life other than death & taxes." - Benjamin Franklin.
Ever heard that one? Well Ben, you forgot one thing, standardized tests. But we may forgive him as I don't think they were around back then. Not that I don't like tests. I like them. I like waving good-bye to them as they get sent off to where ever tests get sent after they get filled out. I like waving good-bye, knowing I did it to the best of my abilities.
This week, I have to do my Highschool Comp. Test. I don't see the point in doing it, yet I have to do it. And as my volunteer buddies are taking their Comp. Tests as well, Friday will most likely contain a debate on why the state makes us take all these pesky tests. Along with the usual smart remarks, searching for teeth, and informing the tourists that the T-skull is not real. It is in fact, a sculpture!!
Where was I? Oh, yeah! Tests!! Well, it could be worse. I did two of the five sections today, so I'm almost halfway done. But the three left are Math, Science, and Social Studies. I have maybe two days to get ready for it. Two days to remember every scrap of science & mathematics I have ever learned or seen on Cyberchase. I just hope there won't be any slope-intercept form stuff 'cause I can't remember a thing!! Heck, I can't even remember what I learned yesterday!! Wait, I didn't do school yesterday, it was Sunday. No wonder!! Any way, I'm praying that it all comes back to me by Thursday. Pray long & hard!!
We end this post with another quote.
"This is such a drag." - Shikamaru Nara
And that just about sums it all up for test-taking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment