Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Declaration of War...or not

In my back yard, we have an ant hill that is placed right under the clothesline. This ant hill is filled with the most vicious ants you have ever seen!! They will climb up your pants leg while you are hanging out laundry on the clothesline and then bite you once you get inside. And for some reason, they only have one target:

Me.

So, I decided to declare war on the ant poplution of my backyard. One kid vs. a bunch of bugs. Easy war. 'Cept I won't use the ant equivalent of an atomic bomb. A.K.A. pesticide. Since I can't put a trade embargo on them, or set up a quartine, it is going to come down to a battle of sneakyness and decepction. They try to climb up my pants while I'm not looking, I'll just wear shorts!!!

Take that, evil ant geniuses!!!! Carmen once again overwhelms her hapless foes!

(Ant intelligence reads blog on computer, and wonders what the heck I'm talking about. Then sends note to tech developement to devise gliders.)

2 comments:

Gordan said...

Here I was thinking that it could only be said of old, fat, hairy guys that wearing shorts is an act of war.

Carmen said...

No, that is not an act of war. That is the US post office. Old, fat, hairy guys running around in shorts and no shirt in front of your enemies is how you win the war.