Friday, October 13, 2006

Whadya mean, unlucky?

(Lightening flash)
(Thunder boom)
(Camera does a shot of the sky. It's a full moon, cloudly sky and rain pouring down from the heavens. Another flash of lightening. Over head shot of Tucumcari. Second flash of lightening. Shot of a house. Camera begins to slowly zoom in on the window. A wolf howls in the distance. Camera goes through the window and stops. At the far end of the room, a laptop is open to the Blogger create post page. A figure comes in from the left side of the screen, and sits down in front of the laptop and starts typing. The theme from Young Frankenstien starts as the camera begins to move in slowly toward the typist. The music gets louder and louder until the camera reaches the back of the blogger's chair. The sound of the keys being pressed continues for a couple more seconds after the camera stops moving. The blogger straightens up, and turns around in the chair. A huge butcher knife looms in from the top of the screen... the music reaches it's cresendo and....)

Well,what do you think? It's my first try at one of those. It's called a screenshot.

I wanted to try something a little different wit this post because this a very different post. I wanna trash something, and that something is Friday the 13th. That day is considered unlucky. The mix of a Friday and the number 13 is just a bad mix. There are a ton of different ideas of how this started. One was that an empire was sacked on a Friday the 13th. Another was that the public hangings all took place on Friday and there where 13 steps on the way up to the noose.

Why does that make a day unlucky, other than for that empire and those about to be hung? Supertions are weird. Like the last June 6. The date was 6/6/06. 666 is a baddddddddddd number, the number that the followers of the anti-christ are to marked wit at the end of the world. But I'm not going into that, I'm trashin' Friday 13 today, thanks. But techincally, the date was 6/6/06.

And truely, there is no such thing as bad luck. Luck is what we make it. Fate is in God's hands, and no amount of salt thrown over a shoulder will change anything. The main fact is that you have a choice about luck. You decide if your luck is bad or if it's good, it depends on your veiw on life. It's not cool to break a mirror, but you choose whether you're gonna pick the shards up or go hide in a bomb shelter. So that is why I welcome the black cat, step boldly underneath ladders, and push the limits wit in reason. I'm not supertious, the question is are you?

14 comments:

Gordan said...

Totally agree wit you girl.

No such thing as luck; there's just dif'rent 'tudes of people goin' thru stuff.

BTW, what is wit you and saying wit?

Carmen said...

I left the H off one time by accident. It didn't seem to make too much of a difference, so I left it. I guess it kinda grew on me. Besides, think of how much time I save by leaving off that last letter!! By the way, I didn't know you spoke Hyphen. Very valuable talent. ;]

C

Anonymous said...

I also totally agree, there's no such thingy as luck.

My best decision of my life was made on Friday the 13th, August in 1971. I was born again and the inner struggle was broken when it came to my mind, "Oh, you don't want to do this today! It's Friday the 13th!" So very rediculous and laughable that I immediately made my life-changing
decision--bad luck for Satan as the future population of hell was depleted by one that day.

Maca

Carmen said...

Hurray!

Anonymous said...

Opps! I mispelled ridiculous!

Maca

Carmen said...

That's ok! I don't put on the H, you use an E instead of an I, we're pretty much in the same boat.

May he who is with out spelling mistakes correct us all.

Gordan said...

Yeah, except that you will get worse grades when you spell poorly: me, people will just think I'm an idiot. (Which happens anyway for any number of reasons...) So shape up yer speling, yung un.

Carmen said...

Na, I only spell it like that when I'm blogging. But as a birthday present, I won't do it any more.

But there are a bunch of rappers out there who don't put the H on it.

Anonymous said...

Rappers don't use the H? Wow, wenever I ave to urry and wip out rap lyrics I won't care wo ears tem or wat appens or ow it sounds or wether it's orrible. I sould care, neverteless, I'll not tink about te problem anymore.

I'm eaded ome now to feed the orse some ay. e gets ungry. Wen I'm late e tumps is oof our after our, just wam, wam, wam. Same on im! It sakes as if tunder in tere. A lamp sade of tick glass fell and sattered wen it it. I sudder to tink wat appiness I ad and lost. I can sare wit you tat it urt me, broke my eart!

I auled te orse to a neigbor's ouse to sow im, peraps trade im for a og. Tey didn't need a orse and the og was too tin anyow.

ey, I torougly enjoy your eavy tougts. I ave to and it to you, you use your ead. O, I can't andle more of tis -lessness. ope to see you soon or wenever.

Rigor

Carmen said...

Rigor, my brutha! You got me laughing, but that's just taking it a little too far! I have to applaude you, but I don't think you have much promise in the field of rap. ;)

Off the subject, but I actually made a rap once. Well, sorta. It was about a goose, a moose, juice, and a bunch of other things that rhyme with goose. It's short and a sorry excuse for rap. Ask me to sing it for you next time you see me.

Anonymous said...

I'll do that! But at my age I have to develop "clues" to help me remember. Let...me...think. Oh! I'll say, "'Sing' me the 'goose the juicy moose' rap song!"

See ya later!

Carmen said...

Alright then! Sounds good to me. I have to go to. Why did they have to have such a big World War 2? I've got like twevle chapters to read about it for History. Before Tuesday. I also gotta get ready for work today too.

Anonymous said...

Psst, don't tell anyone I told you, but we, the Allies won! Really! Hope that helps, or did I ruin the ending for you?

Carmen said...

No, not really. I knew we won, I don't quite know how just yet. So far all I've read about is before America entered the war. Germany has taken over France, and the next part is about Japan. I might do some more work on History and maybe alittle English today before bed, but then again I might not.
:P