Monday, July 21, 2008

Cheese!

I don't really enjoy taking pictures. I don't really like being filmed or recorded. If someone asks me to be in a picture, I'll do it. If people want me in their photos, it's cool. It's just that I normally won't volunteer to step in front of a camera.

I'm not camera-shy or anything. It's just that I manage to look ridiculous in every photo I take. No matter the pose, the setting, the clothes, hairstyle, whatever! I always look a little crazy, but that's just the way it is.

I don't nessesarily like taking group pictures, because they take so long to get set up in. And you always end up wedged so tightly together in order for everybody to make it in. Everybody's smiling just so they can stop pretending they're sardines.

I like group pictures when they come together on their own. When everybody is grouped so tightly together because of what you can't see. When you can't help but smile because of who you're standing shoulder to shoulder with.

My least favorite pictures: Pictures where you don't pose for a minute and a half before the flash even gets turned on. Pictures where you don't try so hard to make a good impression on the film.

My favorite pictures are honest ones. I don't know how you can tell an honest picture apart from the others. But you know when you look at one, you know? It's not something some one can say for you, but something you just see.

No comments: